Suso Shared Web Hosting AUP version 2.0
Last changed: 2013-10-03
Effective as of: 2013-10-10
- suso.com is a wholly owned subsidiary of Suso Technology Services, Inc.,
a privately held corporation.
- The provider, owner and maintainer or suso.com services is Suso Technology
Services, Inc. In this document we refer to the suso.com business as suso.com,
suso.org, Suso web hosting, Suso Technology Services, Inc. or we. We will refer
to this document as the AUP or Shared Hosting AUP, meaning Acceptable Use Policy.
This AUP is for Shared Webhosting accounts, also called Premium accounts or Shell
- This agreement is between Suso Technology Services, Inc. and the customer,
afterwards referred to as you or the customer.
- If you use this service, you automatically agree to the terms of this
Acceptable Use Policy or AUP. For all current users when this acceptable use
policy has been enacted, your continued use of Suso after this date constitutes
your acceptance of the policies this agreement.
- We may change this AUP from time to time and you will be responsible for
knowing the terms of newer versions. We will let you know at least 7 days
before the new version takes affect and how you can read the new version.
Your account and services
- Suso has the right to refuse or terminate service to anyone for any
reason. This includes technical limitations, financial reasons,
inability to provide such services or your stated or implied intentions for
- You must be eighteen years of age to use a Suso web hosting account.
- You must keep your account passwords and sensitive information secure and
not let others use them. You may be required to give us information that you
have given to us previously in order to regain access to your account should you
forget your password. It is your responsibility to give you accurate information
when you sign up for your account. Suso will never ask you for your password. We
will only reset it after authenticating your identity.
- Make sure that your account or access to the system does not abuse the
resources of the system or network such that it severely affects other
people's usage of Suso or other services on the Internet. It is at our
discretion what is to be considered abuse.
- The customer is responsible for securing any software that they develop or install.
This means that they you need to keep any software that is setup on your
account up to date and secure. Common web applications are constantly being
compromised by malicious hackers and automated processes on the Internet. Your
account may be terminated by Suso if you fail to update software installed on your
account. If your website is compromised in a malicious way, we will not cleanup
the damage automatically. If you wish for us to clean up the damage we will charge
a fee based on the number of hours required to clean up the site and secure the
- You must not store or use any software to send unsolicited mail
(spam) to other accounts on the Internet or Suso accounts. It is at our
discression what is considered unsolicited.
(Note: If you deliberately spam others from your account, your account will be
terminated immediately with no refundk and we may take legal action against
you to recover any costs incurred as well as any penalties allowed by law.)
- If your account is terminated, you have the right to the data and information on it
that is considered your own, provided that we are able to retrieve it for you. You have
up to one month from the moment of termination to make a request for retreival of
your data. The medium of transfer is at Suso's discression. Any transport and media
fees for the retrieval of the data are to be paid for by the customer.
- Sometimes we need to reboot servers, make upgrades, move services or fix
equipment or services. During this time some or all of the services of Suso may
be unavailable. We are not responsible for lost connections, money, or time
resulting from such reboots and outages. Whenever the total downtime for the
server exceeds 24 hours in one month, your account will be pro-rated for that
month based on your monthly service fees. We will try to notify all users of
reboots, outages and security upgrades prior to making them.
- If your account is subject to a data storage limit, then you are subject to
an extra fee of $1 per 1GB per month that you are over that limit. This is based
on a daily calculated average of the space used on your account and includes
your website, website logs, data in your home directory, email, virtual email
accounts and databases. You can check how much disk space has been used in the
account control center on the suso.com website. If you have not been told a
specific limit then your account has a limit of 10GB. A gigabyte is defined as
- If your account is subject to a bandwidth limit, then you are subject to
an extra fee of $1 per 1GB per month if you exceed that bandwidth
limit. Bandwidth limits are based on the sum of all data transfer to and
from your website or account including website visits, file transfers and
e-mail. You can check how much bandwidth your account has used on the account
control center on the suso.com website. If you have not been told a specific
bandwidth limit, then your account has a limit of 30GB limit.
- We maintain the equipment, network, IPs, service software and
suso.com, suso.org, susomail.com and susomail.org domains that we
have allocated for your service, they are not yours and will not
be transferred to you if your account is terminated.
- You will receive an invoice every month if you have a positive account
balance. You are responsible for checking this invoice and making sure that
you can access the invoice and that it is accurate. By default the invoice
is sent to your main Suso account as well as the contact e-mail you provided
us when you signed up for an account. If need to have invoices sent to other
e-mail addresses, you must contact email@example.com.
- If you have a question about your invoice, please let us know immediately
so that we may help you better.
- Invoices are created during the first week of the month, you may receive your
invoice as much as one week later though. All accounts are billed for the
current month of service. Some invoice items such as bandwidth charges are
billed for the previous month because they are based on account statistics
gathered for the previous month.
- If your account is created after the 1st day of the month, then
the first partial month is free of regular account charges. It is still
subject to quota based charges.
- You must pay for your account balance before the first day of the month
after the invoice was sent. After the 1st of the month after the invoice was
sent the payment will be considered late. You have until the 15th of that month
to pay for your invoice or your service will be disabled. In order to re-enable
you account or retreive your data, you must pay off any outstanding balance.
- Monthly services and the billing for services on your account will automatically
renew at the end of each term unless you make a prior written arrangement with us.
Written arrangement can be by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you add additional services to your account, or if you remove and re-add
a service, or if your account is disabled, removed and re-enabled or re-added,
you are subject to the service pricing that is effective at the time your
account is re-enabled or re-created.
- Payment shall be made in one of the following ways:
Please include the full name of the person listed on the account
and the invoice items that you are paying for on any payment you make.
- Through Paypal payment to 'email@example.com' (Note that this is a .org address)
- Check by postal mail to the following address:
Suso Technology Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 3476
Bloomington, IN 47402
Make checks payable to: Suso Technology Services, Inc.
- By credit card through the payment page on our website.
- Do not slide payments under our office door or any other door. Any
payment received this way may be lost or not processed in a timely manner.
You are responsible if the payment does not reach us in this manner.
- Through arranged recurring payment via Credit Card.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about this.
- Any unused balance on your account that was paid by the customer can be
refunded if you cancel your service. Refunds can only be given for the cost of
services that we provide. You must let us know within 2 months of account
termination how you want to receive your refund or the amount will be
forefeited. We cannot give full or partial refunds for setup fees, contracted
labor, domain registration, SSL certificate registration or any other service or
material that we must pay to a 3rd party for your service. Any 3rd party
resources will be indicated to you when the estimate for your service is made.
- If you would like to cancel your service, please contact us at least
14 days prior to the 1st of the next month to cancel your service. Please
send an e-mail notification to email@example.com and/or a letter to
the following address:
Suso Technology Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 3476
Bloomington, IN 47402
- Please let us know if your address, name or other information related to
your account has changed. You are responsible for notifying us if any
information that is important for billing or tracking your account has
- We are not liable or responsible for lost connectivity, data, money or time
as a result of your usage of suso.com services.
- By using Suso's services you waive the right to sue us for any loss of data,
service or other damages.
- The customer is responsible for backing up the data on their account. We do
keep backups of account data, however we are not responsible for restoring
lost data on behalf of the customer. The backups we keep are for restoring
accounts should there be a hardware failure or other critical failure. There is
no guarantee that all data will be restored. If the customer wishes for us
to restore a file from our backups they will be subject to a restoration
fee based on the amount of time it takes to recover the file(s) and this
is regardless of whether the file(s) are found or not. We will tell you
what the fees are prior to restoration.
- We are not responsible or liable for problems that we cannot control such as
fire, flood earthquake, tornado and other acts of nature.
- If some part of this agreement is found to be unlawful or not enforceable
by law, then only that part shall be invalid, the rest of the agreement is
still in effect.
- Your use of Suso is governed by laws in your area and in the United
States, the State of Indiana and the City of Bloomington, Indiana.
- Some Suso services may be hosted outside the United States and may be subject
to regional laws where they are hosted or possibly international laws.
- Domain names are under the terms and conditions of the registrar that they are
registered through or the governing body for them. Any domain name that we are not
listed as the administrative or billing contact are not our responsibility. Suso is
not liable for any damages if we fail to renew a domain on time.
- Signed SSL certificates are under the terms and conditions of the certificate
authority they are signed through. Suso is not liable for any damages if
it fails to renew an SSL certificate on time.
- This AUP is copyright Suso Technology Services, Inc. It may not be copied or
used by anyone other than Suso without our written permission.
-- end --